Narrows High School has been awarded bronze status by the U. S. News and World Reports 2013 best high school rankings. To be recognized, a school must meet each of three steps. The first two steps look at wether schools serve the entire student body well, using performance on state proficiency tests as the benchmarks. For those schools that made it past the first two steps, the third step then looks at how well the school prepares students for college. Out of Virginia's 335 high schools, only 96 made this year's rankings. To see more about the selection criteria, go to view full story. To see the specifics for NHS click on the headline.
- Summer Food Programs in Giles County! Information here.
- Students and Parents: Do you want to receive information and announcements from Narrows High School via email? Learn how to sign-up here!
- Congratulations to Melanie Atkins, Giles County Teacher of the Year!
- NHS Hall of Fame nomination information.
- Shelor's Donation Program: When "friends" of Narrows HS buy a car from Shelor Motor Mile, our school could receive anywhere from $100 to $500. If you or someone you know are looking for a new car, come by the office and take a flyer with you to Shelor to insure that NHS recieves the donation. More information at Growing the Future's website.
- All Library materials due back May 30th.